motodrome offer this, one of the more distinctive special Defenders – a 2014 Kahn Design Wide Track Defender 90 2.2TDCi XS Station Wagon, finished in Santorini Black metallic with full Kahn Design bespoke leather interior.
Kahn Design have produced a few variations on their ‘Wide Track’ over the years, but most seem to have started life as 90 XS Station wagons to the same spec as this one, as follows::
- Front and rear wide wings with integrated vents and bolt apertures
- Stainless steel front bumper with Tron Ring lights and foglights
- Stainless steel steering and sump guard
- Shadow chrome LED headlights
- X-Lander front grille and headlight surrounds
- Stainless steel mesh side and top vents
- 20 inch Mondial alloys (shod with a matching set of Cooper Zeon LTZ tyres
- Twin crosshair exhaust system inc Exhaust shields in stainless steel with 100mm tailpipes
- Rear mudflaps in toughened rubber
- Chelsea Truck Company spare wheel cover
Inside, the upgrades continue with:
- GTB front seats in quilted and perforated leather
- Original factory folding rear seats re-upholstered to match the fronts
- Matching quilted and perforated cubby box
- Door card inserts trimmed to match
- Billet brushed aluminium double-3 spoke steering wheel with leather rim and Kahn boss
- Leather-trimmed instrument binnacle and passenger dash area inc grab handle
- Vented, brushed aluminium pedals
- Black quilted headlining
- Uprated Alpine stereo with Bluetooth and USB
Mechanically, as far as we can see, it’s standard with the exception of the exhaust and wheels.
Standard XS station wagon factory spec includes Air Conditioning, cold climate pack including heated seats and screen, ABS and traction control, electric windows, remote alarmed locking, side steps, all of which this retains.
MILEAGE, HISTORY ETC
Odometer reading 39900 miles, and the V5 shows 2 previous owners – the first would have been Kahn themselves as they would have bought it new and converted it.
History-wise, we have the Land Rover service printout (at this age they don’t come with service books) plus bills for further servicing up to January 2022. We will be servicing it again before sale, and it will also come with 12 months MOT and 6 months warranty.
As above, a very rare Defender – although I often see another black one around Henley…
Underneath the photo gallery, you’ll find our usual 2 videos: a walkaround appraisal, and driving impressions, which form part of the description.
viewing by prior appointment
E & OE
You must be logged in to post a comment.