Due to Covid-19 restrictions, we are offering free nationwide delivery on all sales from April 1st – see the important stuff page for full T’s and C’s etc
motodrome offer for sale GB292, a 1998/S reg Land Rover Defender 50th Anniversary 4.0 V8, as usual finished in Atlantis Metallic
50ths are fitted as standard with automatic transmission, anti-roll bars, air conditioning (cold on this one) , factory Safari rollcage, cubbybox, deleted rear bulkhead , NAS rear step (with towbar) , full-length chrome sidesteps, and pewter alloy wheels (shod with BFG all-terrains) all of which this retains.
It’s also fitted with several convenience and performance upgrades over standard, including:
- Electric windows
- Remote alarmed central locking
- Cruise control
- Heated windscreen
- Dark tinted rear side and rear windows
- Uprated interior with black and cream seats, black alcantara headlining and black carpets, and MUD rear door card with netted pocket
- Full dynamat sound proofing
- Trucklite LED headlights and Wipac LED clear light kit
- Front A bar with HID lights
- Mud deflectors
- Stainless bolt kit
- Tornado ECU, matched with uprated Bosch injectors and performance exhaust, giving a lovely note and superior performance over standard
- Custom 50th anniversary badging (original with the car).
It’s fitted with a tracker, but this will require a subscription to re-activate.
Mileage, history etc
This one known previously to us, has an odometer reading of just 27000 miles, and has just emerged from a major programme of works by a very well known UK Land Rover specialist, who carried out most of the work detailed above, but have also recently carried out major work to the running gear including:
- All new shocks, springs, turrets and bumpstops
- All new brake calipers, pipes and hoses
- New anti-roll bars
- New steering damper
This has resulted in a 50th that drives superbly, is very surefooted, and performs without apparent fault – it’s a joy to drive. An opportunity to own one of the most iconic of the special edition Defenders, with a few extra creature comforts
History-wise we have the original 50th book pack including original service book with 9 stamps in it, bills going back to 2002, and old MOT’s.
It comes with MOT to April 2021 and 6 months warranty on sale. .
At the bottom of the page, you’ll find our usual 2 videos– a walkaround appraisal, and driving impressions.
We also have the number plate ‘DEF 90L’ on retention and available by separate negotiation, which can be allocated to any Defender.