NOW RESERVED FOR NEW OWNER – ALL OTHER CLASSIC LAND ROVER MODELS ESPECIALLY DEFENDERS AND SERIES REQUIRED URGENTLY FOR OUTRIGHT PURCHASE OR CONSIGNMENT SALE – SEE ‘SELL YOURS‘ PAGE
Motodrome offer for sale this 1984 example of the ever-popular Land Rover Series III Lightweight (Air Portable), finished in NATO IRR drab, that has been uprated to the favoured 200TDi power.
In addition to the 200TDi engine, it’s also fitted with power steering and parabolic springs.
Military-spec wise it retains it’s correct front bumper (with JATE rings and towhook), bridge plate, front and rear lamp guards, rear bumperettes, NATO towhook, underbonnet toolbox, and correct split tailgate with pioneer tools
Also fitted with a matching set of 5 near new INSA turbo tyres.
Interior-wise, it’s been further upgraded with deluxe front seats (with inertia belts) and twin rear bench seats, Smiths flat heater, Exmoor Trim stowage pouch door cards and fume curtain, centre cubbybox, fire extinguisher, and USB ports. It’s also fitted with soundproofing.
It has a near-new Undercover Covers hood with side windows.
MILEAGE, HISTORY ETC
The last owner took this on as a project over lockdown, and has spent a small fortune since buying it, including (but not limited to)
- 5 x new INSA turbo tyres, fitted with anti-puncture gel.
- New alternator
- New radiator and oil cooler
- Engine fully serviced and fitted with new cambelt and fan belt
- Kenlowe fan (used but good)
- New water pump
- New glowplug heat control
- New starter motor
- New clutch kit, with new master and slave cylinders
- Reconditioned exchange gearbox and transfer box
- Fully refurbished complete rear axle assembly
- Full brake rebuild including new master and slave cylinders, new drums and shoes, and new brake lines
- New parabolic springs with new HD shock absorbers and check straps
- New propshafts
- new fuel lines
- refurbished MPH speedo with new cable
- New correct-spec military rear crossmember
- New wipers and blades
- LED instrument bulbs
- Rewired trailer electrics
All the above combine to make a superbly useable, fully sorted Lightweight
It comes with a very fat file detailing it’s recent expenditure (including details of it’s army service as 84 KB 63).
The V5 has been correctly updated with DVLA to show the engine swap, with the correct engine number.
As it’s recently been fitted with a newly rebuilt MPH speedometer, we’re selling it as ‘mileage known incorrect’ to avoid any misunderstandings, although we think it’s probably done around 64000m overall – it’s a little academic given the mechanical replacements in it’s life.
It comes with MOT to July 2022, with no advisories.
At the very bottom of the page, you’ll find our usual 2 videos: a walkaround appraisal, and driving impressions, which form part of the description of the vehicle
E & OE