Free contactless delivery available on all new sales . See our important stuff page for full T’s and C’s
motodrome offer for sale this 1984/B example of Ford’s iconic Capri 2.8 Injection, superbly finished in Metallic Caspian Blue over Strato Silver, with the correct shark grey Recaro sports trim.
One of the last cars registered before the 2.8 injection Special came out, this one has the usual high injection specification including the 5-speed gearbox, power steering, Recaro sports trim, pepperpot alloy wheels, and sunroof.
In original specification with the exception of a modern stereo with USB port and electric aerial
Over the last 12 months the car has been the subject of an intensive restoration both to the bodywork and the engine. A list of what’s been done is further down the page..
Prior to this, we’re told it had been off the road for over 15 years and had only had 4 previous owners.
Odometer reading 3000 miles, which, for the avoidance of doubt, we’re saying is ‘mileage incorrect’ as we believe it to be 103000. Suffice to say it’s done minimal mileage since restoration.
Comes with MOT to December 2021 and 6 months warranty on sale.
A fine example of ‘the car you always promised yourself’…
At the very bottom of the page, you’ll find our usual 2 videos – a walkaround appraisal, and driving impressions.
These were provided to us by the last owner, who commissioned the restoration in 2020. There are bills to back up a lot of the work, but not all of it – it’s pretty obvious on inspection what’s been done though..
Mechanically the engine has been stripped, cleaned and rebuilt, this included the following work / new parts:
· New ends
· New main bearings
· New cam
· New valves and guides
· 6 x new pistons
· Painting of the headers in the correct shade of grey
Other new mechanical parts / work includes:
· New clutch
· New water pump
· New performance tubular manifolds (from Capri Club)
· Power steering rack fully reconditioned
· New track rod ends
· New fuel pump
· New rear wheel cylinders and brake shoes
· Front calipers rebuilt
· New front brake pads
· New fuel filter
· New spark plugs
· Gearbox Oil
· Power Steering fluid
· Brake Fluid
· Oil filter
· Air filter
· Fully synthetic engine oil
New inner and outer rear arches
· New front wings
· Bonnet leading edge repaired with new metal (not filler)
· Bottom of both doors repaired with new metal
· Tailgate leading edge repaired with new metal
· Complete respray (including the engine bay) in the original colour scheme of Caspian Blue over Stratos silver
· No welding was required to the floor although you can see that its had two small patches to the rear of the floor (1 each side) in its time
Following the above mechanical and body work, the car was put back together with original, new or reconditioned parts, these include:
· New front and rear bumpers
· New front and rear bumper end caps
· New striping kit
· New tailgate struts
· New bumper over riders
· New front bumper indicators
· 5 x refurbished (professionally) pepperpot wheels
· 5 x new tyres
· New heater motor
· New heater resistor
· New fuel tank
· New fuel sender unit and sealing ring
· New electric aerial
· Second hand rear seat belts
· Rebuilt wooden spare wheel cover
· New reversing light switch
· New temperature sender
· New brake light switch
E & OE